Friday, June 16, 2006

That's all, folks

Since I last wrote to introduce the Fellows class of 2007, I've been on the road, almost continuously. I was at the League Conference in LA for a week, then I traveled with the ASO to the Ojai Music Festival, then directly to the Ravinia Music Festival in Chicago. We just returned yesterday.

As I was sitting on the plane from Chicago to Atlanta yesterday, it hit me that today (Friday, June 16th) would be my last day that I could proudly wear the title of Orchestra Management Fellow. Of course, I'll always be an alum of the program, continuing the learning and leadership development with colleagues in the field. However, for the first time I realized that this chapter is almost finished - that realization snuck up on me almost before I knew it. It's a feeling of mixed emotions - wanting to continue in this fantastic journey, yet at the same time yearning for what's next in life. This year has been a tremendous experience - one that I will definitely never forget. All of the mentors, friends, tears, and laughter - and everything in between - has made this experience truly an experience of a lifetime.

As I close the book on this chapter of my life, I'm excited for the next new chapter - that of Director of Strategic Planning Engagement with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, beginning July 17th. Until then, I'm looking forward to a relaxing break on the beach - and moving into my new residence in Atlanta. Have a wonderful summer, and stay tuned for the adventures from the class of 2007!